Mini projects, updates & ideas

So, I finished the embroidery part of the Altoid tin needle case. Now, I just need to get myself to the store to get proper adhesive. Note – super glue is not proper adhesive. I learned this the hard way. (This time I asked some of my crafty friends and my Grandma – the winner is a spray-on thing).

 Remember the Guild project I was talking about? This is part of it. When it is done, it will be a bag.

I was inspired by this wee bitty Altoids tin for putting together a sewing kit for auction – like Kingdom travel fund, or for our local group.  I’ll embroider a bit for the top, like I am the larger one, bit this will be just needles. We’ll see what actually comes of this . . . later.

Mini projects – lucet. I have recently taught myself how to ‘properly’ lucet with two colors.  (before, I was just winding both around like you would one, and that isn’t quite as neat and coordinated as this is.) I have done lucet with one color on one side, and the other on the other side, but I like this better.

Advertisements

My Rose Goblin

If you’ve ever read Seanan McGuire’s October Daye series, you get this. If you haven’t read them, you should.

So, my boyfriend and I got a cat late this fall. She is what is called a Lynx Point Siamese, aka – a tabby/Siamese mix. Her name is Selene, aka Squeakers the moon kitthay/the rose goblin.

Hiding is the roses when we first brought her home. She was a barn kitty.

Claiming Not The Momma’s shoulder for a rest.

Being a heat seeking kitty and curling up between Mom’s legs.

Hiding behind the roses, which we had to put chicken wire around so she’d stop using them as a litter box.

Tin cover and Guild bits

So, I am part of an embroidery guild in the Society for Creative Anachronism, the Silver Needle Embroidery Guild. We are not formal right now, as there are only a few of us, but as we grow, maybe.

Yesterday was our first meet-up. It was wonderful! We spent several hours at Hastings partaking of the wonderful coffees therein and stitching. Our Guild Mistress gave out projects to work on, though I had brought one with me. (more on that project later)

I started my Altoids tin cover, or at least, the first one. My progress so far –

No, this isn’t historical in the least, or even researched, however, I think it would make a good gifting thing for someone on the go. Big enough to hold scissors, a few needle, and some embroidery floss. Or, to organize one’s sewing basket. I have a tin holding a bunch of buttons right now. So. We’ll see.

New Year! New Projects!

So, due to technical difficulties, namely my itty bity laptop all but going tits up, my posts had I had scheduled for Christmas did not happen. (I have commandeered my boyfriend’s for the time being – mwahahahaha) I do have a picture that was left on my camera though –

This is  a coffee coozy/mug hug I made for my Boss for Christmas. She really has a thing for pink and yellow. Like, I cannot tell you how much she likes pink and yellow and tasteful girly. I aced it.

New project  –

I am starting the Holly King. Due to it’s size and my tendency to squirrel, I think this project will take me a few years. Ergo, do not expect a lot to happen to this right now.When I am finally done with thi piece, I will frame it and put it on my alter, as a representation piece.

I am also working on covering a bunch of Altoids tins in embroidery, and either using as is, or gluing some thin magnets to the insides and tada! Needle case.